Join Our Team
We are always looking for more passionate, mission-driven people to join our team. We believe in investing in our team members and take pride in our rewarding work environment. So, we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefits including individual and family health insurance and 401K
- Paid holiday, vacation and sick time
Whether you have many years of experience or are just starting your career, we invite you to learn about the opportunities available at our facilities.
Click Here to see and apply for available positions within our organization or please complete the employment application in the link below, attach it with your resume, and email it to email@example.com.
Matthew Walker Comprehensive Health Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Matthew Walker Comprehensive Healthcare is committed to training the physicians, dentists, clinicians and medical staff of the future. Students range from high school students who are exploring healthcare careers to post graduate students entering residency programs. Students come from colleges and universities across Tennessee including: Austin Peay State University, Belmont University, Brightwood College, Fisk University, Meharry Medical College, Miller-Motte Technical College, Nashville State Community College, Tennessee State University, Tennessee Technology Center and Vanderbilt University. For more information regarding training or externships & internships, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do NOT delete / keep at top of list
Matthew Walker Comprehensive Health Center has an exciting opportunity available for a skilled, resourceful and motivated individual who would like to make a difference in the lives of others in helping a non-for-profit organization fulfill its mission to provide quality health care. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Licensed Unarmed Security Guard/Officer will be responsible for the following, to include but not limited to:
- Proactively and promptly ensuring safety and security of the Nashville facility, staff and patients to prevent or reduce damage or harm
- Makes hourly rounds throughout the facility to ensure building and grounds security; immediately reports any breaches or potential risk
- Actively engages with guest that appear suspicious and/or warrants discussion to resolve disputes or manage other potential risk
- Lock all patient/employee entrances/exits at appropriate times or when necessary for safety and security purposes
- Report any cars left in the parking lot after normal business hours to the Nashville Metropolitan Police Department
- Follows proper procedure for opening the facility and reporting any security breaches or potential risk
- Ensures proper procedure for securing the facility afterhours, ensuring all visitors and staff have exited the facility and all doors are securely locked.
- Monitor patient and staff vehicles to ensure security while on Center property; immediately reports any incidents of theft or damage
- Provide escort for employees/patients/visitors as requested
- Investigate and document reports of all cases involving incidents of theft, damage to property, violence, etc.
- Responds promptly to all emergency codes; participate and assist in all fire and emergency evacuations of the Center
- Ensures all building alarm systems are activated at the end of the workday
- Participate in all Safety and Security Committee Meetings, ensure completion of all required security reports
The Licensed Unarmed Security Guard/Officer must possess the ability to work efficiently and effectively with all levels of the organization, particularly patients from varying economic backgrounds. The individual must have documented evidence of the ability to advise, consult and counsel with patients to resolve disputes or minimize potential security risks.
High School diploma, or equivalent, required. Current State of Tennessee License by the Private Protective Services for an Unarmed Security Guard/Officer. Applicant is responsible for maintaining current licensure throughout duration of employment. Experience in Law Enforcement is preferred.
Interested candidates may respond with cover letter, resume and a completed Matthew Walker Comprehensive Health Center employment application to email@example.com or fax to (615)321-4947. An employment application can be downloaded at www.mwchc.org by selecting the “Careers” tab.
Matthew Walker Comprehensive Health Center is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring and employment decisions are made without regard to race, creed, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.